Thoughts on the world, homeopathy, mindfulness and food...
A collection of blog posts - feel free to respond with your thoughts and comments - I love to have feedback - thank you!
We all know greens are good for us but how to encourage the little people (or the big kids) amongst us?
How can we go from zero to greens hero?
- Now that we've a masticating juicer it helps for me to sieve the juices before serving to my daughter, no 'bits' definitely more of a success here.
- Start steadily and use a more fruit based juice to get going with. One of our favourites used to be 2 apples, 1/2-1/3 lemon and gradually added things from there. With putting greens in I started at a leaf or two at a time and built up from there. Now I get complained about of it's not green enough!
- Do it together - get kids choosing their own ingredients, creating their own recipes.
- Make it fun and/or a challenge. We did a star chart for a time of how many varieties of fruit and veg we could eat in a day.
- Talk about the benefits in a way that makes sense e.g. If they're into sports you can mention that it'll help them to run faster.
- Join in! If your kids see you eating well they'll find it easier to gravitate towards eating well too.
And lastly, just experiment. There's no right or wrong way to do it!
I'm a Homeopath working in the Skipton (North Yorkshire) area. I am also able to offer food intolerance testing using Kinesiology and advice around diet and lifestyle.