Thoughts on the world, homeopathy, mindfulness and food...
A collection of blog posts - feel free to respond with your thoughts and comments - I love to have feedback - thank you!
#Homeopathyhour How it works
1. HASHTAG. The hashtag symbol '#' in a tweet is what enables tweets from different people to be grouped together and to show up in a Twitter search.
2. HOW TO JOIN IN. To see what people are saying during #Homeopathyhour, go to the search box on Twitter and type '#Homeopathyhour' any time between 8pm and 9pm on a Monday evening.
3. WHAT NEXT? Click on 'All' to see all the tweets.
4. JOIN IN. To add your own message, compose a tweet about your business, blog, books you’d like to mention or event etc, making sure you include '#Homeopathyhour'. Your message will then appear when anyone does a Twitter search for '#Homeopathyhour'.
5. CONVERSE. To join in a conversation, just click 'reply' and get tweeting. Or, if you think a tweet will be interesting to your followers, then retweet it. Others may retweet your messages to their followers too.
6. USE CONTACTS. To chat with someone in particular, make sure your tweet includes their Twitter name (e.g. @Twittername).
7. SOCIAL NETWORKING. In order to get the most out of #Homeopathyhour, you can talk (well, tweet) with other people. If you're not feeling confident enough to start a thread of your own, join in a conversation that someone else has started.
8. FAST AND FURIOUS. Sometimes #Homeopathyhour can be a little overwhelming at first, especially if you try to keep up with every single tweet and follow every conversation but, the tweets don't go anywhere so you can always come back to the Twittersearch at a later date and read through any that you've missed.
9. TOP TIP. If you want to come back to a particular tweet or contact a particular tweeter later, you can always 'favourite' their tweet so you can find it again easily.
#Homeopathyhour is currently on twitter Mondays 8pm-9pm BST. Please come and join in – just search #homopathyhour to join the conversation.
Our intention is for it to be a respectful space where homeopaths can get together. Do feel free to block or report as spam any tweets/tweeters that are offensive to the discussions that you are having.
I saw a wonderful client today whose story I'd shared a while ago - she was my amazing headache client who was 180+ tablets down a month. Today within a few moments of the consultation she told me she couldn't remember the last time she'd had a headache. They just weren't an issue anymore. I later asked for her to write a few words that I could share so here's her story in her words:
'5 months ago a friend asked me to make an appointment with Emma to try & help with my daily headache problem. But, I'd always had headaches & I was resigned to it being my lot in life, in fact, I'd been told many years before by my GP that I just had to learn to live with them. So, in a very negative frame of mind I booked my first session. 2 hours, no way, it would all be over in 20 minutes & I'd be on my way home. Then, I met Emma. 20 minutes turned into the allotted 2 hours & things had been shared that I never thought I would be able to discuss with anyone, ever. I left the first meeting feeling lighter & just a tiny bit optimistic. Over the last 5 months I've been on a journey, with Emma guiding me along the way. When my headaches were down to 2 or 3 a week I was very excited and happy, but Emma wasn't ... we were going for zero tolerance ... and with trust, chat & lots & lots of laughter we have finally got there!!'
So that's it in a nutshell. 5 appointments, 1 remedy, a few repeats of that remedy and there we have it. No headaches. I really love my job. I love it when it's hard, love it when it's crazy, busy, filled with people and absolutely love it today.
I'm a Homeopath working in the Skipton (North Yorkshire) area. I am also able to offer food intolerance testing using Kinesiology and advice around diet and lifestyle.
Em Colley MARH, Practitioner of Classical Homeopathy, BSc(Hons) Psychology and Neuroscience
Focussed Mindfulness Practitioner
Dip (SNHS) Kinesiology
Dip (SNHS) Holistic Nutrition
Certificate in Whole Food, Plant Based Nutrition