Thoughts on the world, homeopathy, mindfulness and food...
A collection of blog posts - feel free to respond with your thoughts and comments - I love to have feedback - thank you!
A new year, a time to reflect, take stock and plan. Maybe a time to de-clutter on a physical, emotional, mental and surroundings level.
It certainly feels so for me. Life has been busy, some exciting opportunities and involvements and I feel very blessed to be starting the new year with some great things booked in for the next few months ahead.
I thought I'd share some plans and feelings.
- Tomorrow I get started on a 28 day plus juice fast. I'm going to play out on the Jason Vale Super Juice Me plan. Aside from my disappointment in his dismissiveness of homeopathy in several of his books, he does talk a lot of sense and I thought I'd check it out. This is his expert area after all, not homeopathy so I'm not going to hold that against him (although I would dearly love him to see the progress my beautiful last client of the year has made with her health over the past few months... Another time!).
- Exercise!!! I find it fascinating how I can know this stuff in my head and still find excuses - childcare and work are two of my most common ones. As a single parent it can perhaps be challenging, there is just me to get the jobs done and it's often easy to find a reason why not. BUT enough is enough now. No more tired excuses. My plan is to get fitter, keep fitter and just do it. Maybe not events, or particular goals but to get out there at least four to five times a week for a reasonable run/walk/ride or swim.
- Detoxing. Regular blog readers may have noticed I'm not massively into detox as a word. I think it's over done - our body is constantly detoxing bless it! But I do want to encourage clearing out of old negative stuff - my aim is to declutter a small area each day for January and reassess after the month is up. Putting less rubbish in (to our bodies and our homes) means there's less to clear out and I plan to use mindfulness work along with my physical 'detoxing'.
- More sleep. This is a biggie for me and as I love what I do I often end up working late and waking early. Rest is so vital so I plan to get more and be more productive when I'm working.
- Question more. In particular I think 'does it serve me?' feels to be one I want to work with. Food, relationships, emotions, activities and more. Time is finite, life is for living and we're all on a terminal diagnosis. To live without regret, do what empowers us, enhances our lives and those acts which are carried out from a love centred place.
- Lastly love not fear. I'm increasingly aware acts, thoughts and more are from either love or fear centred origins. To check in with myself where I'm coming from, what my intentions are and act increasingly from love.
So that's all for now. I think it's probably just all about nourishment, value, respect and love really. But I think maybe that's what it's all about altogether. Maybe.
Love, light and warmest wishes for a wonderful year ahead,
I'm a Homeopath working in the Skipton (North Yorkshire) area. I am also able to offer food intolerance testing using Kinesiology and advice around diet and lifestyle.
Em Colley Homeopath
Practitioner of Classical Homeopathy
BSc(Hons) Psychology and Neuroscience
Laughter Yoga Leader
Focussed Mindfulness Practitioner
Dip (SNHS) Kinesiology
Dip (SNHS) Holistic Nutrition
Certificate in Whole Food, Plant Based Nutrition