My fabulous mum - who's embraced a whole food, plant based diet like a pro and gives me amazing dinners whilst at their house, magicked up this little number for my birthday yesterday:
Raw fruit Birthday ‘cake’ pie
For the base:
300gms Medjool / Halawi dates
150gms Flaked almonds
Dessicated coconut – approx. 10g
For the filling:
150gms Medjool / Halawi dates
2 large ripe mango (approx. 500-600gm flesh)
For the fruit topping:
Blueberries – 150g
Raspberries – 150g
Nectarine / peaches - 2
* Pit the dates and place in food processor along with flaked almonds. Blend until well mixed together and mixture forms in to ball.
* Scatter coconut thinly in 10”/25cm flan dish – this stops the date mixture sticking to the base.
* Press the date mixture into the flan dish, sometimes putting little coconut on your hands to stop it sticking while working it. Spread as evenly as possible and work up the sides of the dish.
* Pit the dates and place in processor, along with peeled mango.
* Process until smooth, then spread over base.
* Put in the freezer for about an hour to set until nearly ready for serving, allowing time to decorate accordingly.
* Decorate as you choose using fruits of choice.
* My decoration used whole raspberries and blueberries, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwi and sliced nectarines.
Em Colley MARH, Practitioner of Classical Homeopathy
BSc(Hons) Psychology and Neuroscience
Laughter Yoga Leader
Focussed Mindfulness Practitioner
Dip (SNHS) Kinesiology
Dip (SNHS) Holistic Nutrition
Certificate in Whole Food, Plant Based Nutrition